This Friday one of our favourite jewellery designers (and a failsafe option for Christmas gifting!) Laura Lee shares her #STARTChristmasWishlist with us, and it’s a real goodie!
1. Escentric Molecules Boudicca Wode: ‘I can’t decide whether I want this because of the beautiful packaging or the divine smell – but the combination of the both means I have to ask sweet Santa for a bottle…and keep my fingers firmly crossed!’
2 & 6. Sophie Hulme Alfonso and Hercules Birdy Keyrings: ‘Sophie Hulme is a G! I just love these little birdies … and it would mean I would be able to find my keys at the bottom of my cavernous bag.’
3 &5. Comme des Garçons PLAY Breton Top with Tiny Red Heart plus Mr. Start Woman Emlin Blue Trousers: ‘I would wear these gorgeous Yves Klein blue trousers with this cute as a button top, and then wait for the sun to come out…summer wardrobe sorted.’
4. Comme des Garçons Red Embossed 2 Side Zip Wallet: ‘And it wouldn’t be Christmas without some CDG leather goods…classic!’
The Master & Dynamic philosophy is fuelled by an obsession with the interplay between sound and creativity. Defined as ‘modern thinking caps’, Master & Dynamic’s headphones aim to help transport and inspire your mind, boasting sleek contemporary designs crafted from the finest materials. We love the MH40 Headphones, fingers crossed there will be a pair waiting under the Christmas Tree!
It’s competition time again! To celebrate our #STARTChristmasMarket late night shopping evening tonight we’ve giving you the chance to WIN this stunning V Jewellery Art Deco Necklace! To enter simply head over to our Instagram or Facebook page and finish the sentence ‘All I want for Christmas is this V Jewellery necklace because….’. Good luck!]]>
Today’s #STARTChristmasWishlist is brought to us by Jasmine Hemsley, one half of the delicious HEMSLEY + HEMSLEY duo.
‘I’ll be daydreaming about this Christmas wishlist while whipping up a batch of almond pastry Mini Mince Pies!‘
1. Laura Lee Turquoise Teardrop Necklace: ‘I’m always on the look out for something special with a bit of turquoise in it but usually anything with this stone comes big! This necklace is perfect and goes with my beautiful vintage eternity turquoise ring. A splash of summer colour all through the winter months will sit perfectly with my Bao Bao Wan necklace, a previous Christmas gift from Nick that I always wear.’
2. Master & Dynamic MH40 Brown Leather Headphones: ‘If you want me to stop talking then buy me these headphones so I can listen to my favourite podcasts; too big to carry so they might as well stay on my head!’
3. Mr. Start Fashion Collar Denim Shirt: ‘This shirt for my other half Nick (photographer for Hemsley + Hemsley) – because he has a million denim shirts but he doesn’t have this one. And I love it so much I already have one myself!’
4. Sophia Webster Lola Suede Pumps: ‘Purple is the colour of magic, mystery, imagination and power. If you shy away from strong block colours on the top half, problem solved. These cute pumps will add a perfect punctuation point to any outfit without overwhelming your look.’
5. Le Ross Pleated Print Skirt: ‘My friend Ross Hancock of Le Ross is a genius and on my wishlist is one of his beautiful full circle skirts. This classic, yet striking piece will transcend time and trends.’
For some Christmas recipe inspiration why not pick up a copy of HEMSLEY + HEMSLEY The Art of Eating Well? Our signed copies come with a canvas BOIL YOUR BONES Tote Bag, an excellent gift combination for any foodie!]]>
We’ve intercepted another letter to Santa, but we promise to send it on to the North Pole! This week’s START Christmas Wishlist is brought to you by the wonderful Lauren Franks, Style Editor at Red Magazine!
1. Mr. Start Woman Pink Roll Neck Sweater: ‘I don’t wear much colour, but I cant get enough of a coloured polo neck this season. Peeking out the top of a masculine or 70s style coat, or teamed with an a- line mini skirt.’
2. Acne Studios Jenson Suede Ankle Boots: ‘I love a Chelsea boot, in any guise. Any season. Any heel height. Yes.’
3. Bella Freud Je T’aime Jane Sweater: ‘My mum’s called Jane, so i’m desp for this sweater. If you’re after an alternative ‘christmas jumper’ you can count on Bella freud.’
4. Issa Blanche Zig Zag Trousers: ‘A great pair of statement trousers is key around christmas. It means you look dressed up but you can wear long johns underneath!’
5. Mr. Start Woman Enid Black Cashmere Coat: ‘You cannot go wrong with a clean lined tailored black coat in your wardrobe. And it will keep you warm if you’re only wearing a party dress for the festive season!’]]>
Last minute Christmas shopping? Never fear, START is here! We’ll do our best to ship all orders placed up to Tuesday 23rd before Christmas, but for guaranteed delivery please place your orders by the dates above. And remember, UK shipping is free as standard and international shipping is free for all orders over £150.
This Christmas the ever talented London based jewellery designer Noemi Klein has handcrafted this stunning Silver Branch Necklace. Made exclusively for START, the necklace is based on the bestselling design from the ‘Epoch 1: Enchanted Forest‘ collection. This little branch cast in sterling silver is decorated with a dewdrop cubic zirconia, a perfect touch of sparkle for anyone this Christmas!
There is little we love more in our lunch breaks than cooing over Style.com’s runway and party pictures and we’ve been spoilt with the Victoria’s Secret show (admit it, you had a look too!). But perhaps the most exciting part is that all the models were wearing our ever-favourite Sophia Webster heels and just as we had the most magical window installed dedicated to the designers fun and fantastical footwear.
Ta Da! Come down and visit us. Shop our Sophia Webster edit online or call 02070333951 for information on more styles available in store only.
Let’s be real. We’ve all got a bit of a girl crush on Pandora Sykes, Fashion Features Editor of Sunday Times Style. More often than not you’ll find us clicking through her blog pandorasykes.com in the hopes that some of her effortless style will rub off on us. We couldn’t be more excited to share Pandora’s START Christmas Wishlist:
1. Bella Freud Je T’aime Jane Sweater: ‘My obsession with Bella Freud actually throbs. I have the 1970 knit, I the Ginsberg one…now I want Jane.’
2. Hemsley + Hemsley The Art of Eating Well: ‘On my bonafide Christmas list. According to my sister, someone’s bought it for me. I’m so happy that I don’t even care that she ruined the surprise.’
3. Preen by Thornton Bregazzi Two Tone Sweater: ‘It’s the anti-Christmas knit. Like someone took Santa’s favourite festively rouge piece and swiped paint down it. REBELLIOUS CHRISTMAS.’
4. Diptyque Figuire Candle: ‘Who doesn’t love a Diptyque candle? Everyone flocks to the trad Baies, but I’m a sucker for anything that stinks of fig.’
5. Comme des Garçons PLAY Heart Print T-Shirt: ‘Comme’s Play t-shirts are surely the only t-shirts that appeal to both 5 year olds and 65 year olds alike. I want a whole stack of these, someday.’
6. T by Alexander Wang Pink Leather Mini Skirt: ‘I refuse to wear pink – unless it’s this in which case, holaaaaa. I’d wear this mini kilt over black cropped trousers, or with a grey aran knit and Gucci loafers. If I was the ever gamine Alexa, I’d wear it with a bubblegum ribbed Courreges sweater and go tonal block. But being blonde, I’d just end up looking like Elle Woods.’]]>
We’ve joined forces with Nixon Watches to spread the Christmas cheer with a little competition to win an SS Sentry Gunmetal Watch and a black leather wallet!
Entering is easy, just head over to our menswear Instagram page and finish the sentence ‘I want a Nixon Watch and Wallet for Christmas because…’ OR share and tag @StartLondon_mens in your photos from the ALL_BLUES launch tonight at the #STARTChristmasMarkets!]]>